The mysterious world of dreams has been fascinating mankind for centuries. People from all civilisations had a unique way of perceiving and interpreting dreams. Dreams are believed to be a link to a world beyond the world that we live in. They are the only place where we can see things that are out of our reach in reality. It is through dreams that we can communicate with supernatural powers and forces. Dreams are believed to have a lot more significance than what is obvious at face value. In order to understand the underlying meaning, one normally needs to use some form of dream interpretation. This mystical practice can be done with several approaches, with the basic aim remaining the same - to elucidate the meaning of our dreams.
The history of dream interpretation dates back to 3000-4000 B.C., where dreams were believed to be an extension of reality, and the world of dreams was believed to be a more powerful one than the world we live in. At that time, dreams were symbolically interpreted on clay tablets. The Greeks and Romans viewed dreams as a way of the gods and the deceased to communicate with the living. Greek philosopher, Aristotle viewed dreams as a way to judge the physiological functioning of the body. The Egyptians recorded their dreams in hieroglyphics, and referred to priests for their interpretation. Some societies considered dreams to be evil and others thought they were meaningless. Sigmund Freud revived the need to interpret dreams in the 19th century, laying the base for modern day ideologies and methods of dream interpretation.
How It Works
Dream interpretation is a vast science, the basis of which lies in the principles and methods founded by Sigmund Freud decades ago. Freud’s theory of dream interpretation was based on unlocking the subconscious of an individual through his dreams. His famous monograph, "The Interpretation of Dreams," has been a reference for psychologists and psychoanalysts to decipher the meaning of dreams for years. According to the “continuity hypothesis”, dreams are an extension of one’s conscious mind, and are an indication of his thoughts, ideas, aspirations and feelings. Professional dream interpreters and psychoanalysts have been referred to for years to find out the meaning behind unusual dreams. However, with the advent of dream dictionaries and useful online resources to understand the meaning of dreams, professional assistance is rarely resorted to. While some dictionaries are based on scientific interpretation, others follow traditional interpretation, and many are further modified by cultural references. To use websites for dream interpretation, one needs to list the elements of their dream, after which they are analysed using tools designed for the purpose, as well as by experienced individuals.
Tips for Dream Interpretation:
• Maintain a journal to document all your dreams. You can write in the journal right when you wake up each morning, or you can use a tape recorder to record your dreams while they are still fresh in your mind, and then transfer them to paper later, when you have enough time.
• Does some research before you decide which methodology you want to rely upon to interpret your dreams. After that, make sure that you follow the same method each time, instead of changing it randomly.
• Remember that a dream does not always have a complex meaning underlying it. There are times when a dream is just the subconscious mind’s way of clearing unwanted thoughts.
• Dreams are not always what they seem. A dream’s meaning might seem obvious to you, but you should not judge the meaning at face value. There is often an underlying meaning that can be interpreted by using advanced methods.
• You can maintain an online blog of your dreams if you wish to share them with other dream enthusiasts.
You May Also Like Clairvoyant Readings by Meryem:
Meryem is a gifted clairvoyant medium, who has the power to help others improve their lives. She is able to provide people with accurate and powerful information that they may need to make well informed decisions. Meryem is available on phone as well as on Skype. All you need to do in order to connect with her is CLICK HERE and book an appointment with Meryem.